اَعُوْذُ بِاللهِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيْمِ
بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمن الرَّحِيْمِ
Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaathu everyone!
Now if you’re Pakistani then you probably have a very high tolerance for spice. Literally everything in our household is spiced up, from the classic recipes of macaroni cheese to lasagne to pasta. We cannot eat unless we dash in a bucket load of spice. However obviously spice all the time will take its toll on you, so this black pepper chicken curry is here to change that.
This kali mirch murgh curry is my take on how to take some black pepper chicken and turn it into a curry. Turns out it is an actual thing, but I am going to pretend I came up with the idea. I know technically black pepper counts as a spice (not sure if salt does), but it isn’t as damaging as the other spices.
I originally made this recipe for my mum, because my mum cannot really handle spice as well as the rest of us can. If you’re the same, then this chicken curry is for you. I personally love it. Even without the addition of spices this chicken curry recipe taste delicious. The onion gravy tastes so good as well. You could add some tomatoes as well, but it’s up to you.
This black pepper chicken curry, otherwise known as kali mirch murgh, is perfect for curry lovers that want a little bit less spice in their life.
Black Pepper Chicken Curry
Bored of the same old chicken curry recipe every week? With this new black pepper chicken curry recipe, you can switch up the taste and flavour to help keep everyone happy. This chicken kali mirch curry is a black pepper chicken curry. A luscious rich chicken soaked in a creamy gravy masala. An ideal twist on a chicken curry. This kali mirch chicken curry is ready to prepare with simply pantry spices, perfect if you have never cooked a curry before. Inviting and irresistible, succulent chicken pieces in a thick gravy sauce pair amazingly with homemade naan bread.
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Onion/Pyaz (finely diced)
- 5 Garlic Cloves/Lehsan (chopped)
- 1-inch Ginger/Adrak (crushed)
- 500g Chicken
- 1 tsp Salt/Namak
- 1 tsp Black Pepper/Kali Mirch
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 150g Yoghurt/Dahi
- 2 Green Chillies/Hari Mirch (finely chopped_
- 1 tsp Dried Fenugreek Leaves/Methi
- Coriander/Dhaniyaa (finely chopped)
- Heat up the vegetable oil in a pan
- Add the finely diced onions and cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes until softened
- Add the chopped garlic cloves and crushed ginger and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add the chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes until colour changes
- Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes
- Remove the lid and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add the salt, black pepper and garam masala
- Cook the spices for 3-4 minutes
- Add the yoghurt and cook for 4-5 minutes
- Add the finely chopped green chillies and dried fenugreek leaves
- Cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add the coriander and cook for 1-2 minutes
- Your black pepper chicken curry is ready!