اَعُوْذُ بِاللهِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيْمِ
بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمن الرَّحِيْمِ
Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaathu everyone!
So, this is now my third chicken curry that I have published on my blog. The first one being the traditional chicken curry, the second one being my chicken jalfrezi and now this one. I have many other chicken curry recipes that I have to publish with subtle differences in their recipes but all full of flavour.
A chicken karahi is called that because of the utensil that you cook the chicken curry in is called a karahi. Chicken karahis have a really thick and spicy masala sauce that makes it the perfect combination with naan bread. We usually have it with chapattis though because my mum says that naans are unhealthy compared to chapattis.
The best chicken karahis I have had have all been in Pakistan. I don’t know what kind of ingredients they put there, but they have always been spot-on amazing with just the amount of spice that burns the back of your tongue without you having to sip water every bite. Honestly once this lockdown has ended, I cannot wait to go Pakistan and just go eat lots of different foods there. I have a plan to make an itinerary to visit all the different tourist attractions there and visit as many food places as I can. And I mean like the street vendors and the not the massive restaurants, but you know those people that are selling food on the street. Their food is always the best! I can’t wait.
This chicken karahi is delicious and packed full of flavour so try it and you will be sure to love it!
Chicken karahi or chicken kadai is a spicy chicken curry recipe made with fragrant spices and fresh ginger. With this authentic chicken karahi recipe, you will be guaranteed to impress all your friends and families. A homemade chicken curry that is so simple to make with the best aroma and taste. This chicken masala recipe is one of the simplest chicken curries made with only a few ingredients but with an abundance of flavour. Serve this chicken karahi recipe with homemade naan bread or a side of boiled basmati rice.
- 1kg Chicken
- 50ml Vegetable Oil
- 7 Garlic Cloves/Lehsan (crushed)
- 1-inch Ginger/Adrak (crushed)
- 1 Onions/Pyaz (finely sliced)
- 1 tbsp. Salt/Namak
- 4 Tomatoes
- 100g Plain Yoghurt/Dahi
- 2 tsp. Garam Masala
- 2 tsp. Chilli Powder/Laal Mirch Powder
- 2 tsp Turmeric Powder/Haldi
- 4 Green Chillies/Hari Mirch (finely chopped)
- Handful Coriander/Dhaniyaa (finely chopped)
- In a large pan heat up the oil
- Add the crushed garlic and ginger
- Sauté for 1-2 minutes
- Add the sliced onions and salt
- Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes until the onions are softened
- Add the tomatoes
- Cover and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes
- Add the garam masala, chilli powder, turmeric powder and the chopped green chillies
- Cook the spices for 10 minutes on medium heat
- Add the chicken and the chopped green chillies
- Cook for 10-15 minutes on medium heat
- Add the yoghurt and cook on high heat for 5 minutes
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for a further 10-15 minutes
- Add the chopped coriander
- Cook for 1-2 minutes
- Your chicken karahi is ready!