اَعُوْذُ بِاللهِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيْمِ
بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمن الرَّحِيْمِ
Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaathu everyone!
Chicken wraps are one of my favourite dinner recipes! Although I probably say that about everything that I post, but this genuinely is one of my top dishes to make. Not that I am ever allowed to make it because we have to have curry everyday…
This chicken wrap recipe is very simple and uses basic ingredients that you are basically guaranteed to have. You can season the chicken however you want obviously, but this is the way my family and I like to have it. It’s not too spicy, but there is tons of flavour. You don’t even need to leave the chicken to marinate because there isn’t a need. I recently learn that there is not much benefit to marinating chicken, so that has saved me a lot of time in making food.
My sister is reading this as I write, and it is so annoying. She just read my comment and is now smiling because she knows how annoying she is. She is my youngest sister, and she is lucky to be the most spoilt one as well. (RUDE! – my sister wrote that). I got the short straw and ended up being the eldest of the daughters and trust me it’s hard. Anyone else who is the eldest daughter knows my hardships and difficulties.
Anyways back to my chicken wrap recipe this chicken filling is enough for approximately eight tortilla wraps which is all good because wraps usually come in packs of eight. You can add whichever salad you want to, but I like to add lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber and red onions. Apart from for my little sister because she hates all forms of onions, so I don’t add onions into hers. Although one day I am going to secretly give her onions and I doubt she will notice. Everyone likes to have mayonnaise in their wraps, but you could add in tomato ketchup or chilli sauce. Whatever floats your boat.
These chicken wraps are perfect served alongside some French fries!
Chicken wraps are a delicious dinner idea packed full of protein. This easy homemade chicken tortilla wraps recipe is amazing. A tomato chicken filling with lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes and red onions lathered with mayonnaise encased in a soft flour tortilla. This chicken wraps recipe is the best combination of flavour. These homemade wraps can be eaten for lunch or dinner, hot or cold. There is no marination time, so these wraps are so quick to make. Adults and children alike will be guaranteed to love them.
- For Chicken Filling:
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 500g Chicken
- 1 tsp Salt/Namak
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder/Laal Mirch Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder/Lehsan Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder/Haldi
- 1 tsp Black Pepper/Kali Mirch Powder
- 1 tbsp Tomato Purée
- 1 Bell Pepper/Shimla Mirch
- For Wraps:
- Iceberg Lettuce (shredded)
- Tomatoes (chopped)
- Cucumber (chopped)
- Red Onion (diced)
- Tortilla Wraps
- Cut the chicken into small bite-size pieces and add into a bowl
- Add the salt, chilli powder, garlic powder, turmeric powder and black pepper to the chicken
- Mix until all the ingredients are fully combined and set aside
- In a pan add the olive oil and the marinated chicken
- Cook for 6-8 minutes on medium heat until the colour changes
- Add the tomato purée and cook for a further 2-3 minutes
- Add the bell peppers and cook for a further 10 minutes on medium heat
- Add the onions and cook for another 5 minutes until the water all dries up
- Spoon the mixture into a tortilla wrap and fold to form a wrap
- Your chicken wraps are ready!