اَعُوْذُ بِاللهِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيْمِ
بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمن الرَّحِيْمِ
Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaathu everyone!
Now I have made this chocolate sheet cake recipe a few times now and I have always made it in this pan. I will be honest with you when I ordered it I didn’t really check the dimensions of the tin and it ended up being a lot smaller than I thought. However, I do make all of my traybakes in this tin as I do not really want to spend more money on buying another cake pan. Being a student with no job really affects your ability to spend things which is quite sad really. I did want to get a job but with my university work and my blog and my YouTube channel, I don’t think it is going to be realistic.
Anyways talking about this chocolate sheet cake, the first I made this chocolate traybake the cake ended up being so big and it rose so much that it basically exploded (slight exaggeration) but you get the point. It was also kind of dense, so I reduced the amount of liquid in it to help make it moister. That might seem a bit counterintuitive but trust me, the science behind it makes sense. The second time I made it I did reduce the liquids in it and the sponge part of it was delicious, but the fudge frosting was way too overpowering and the ratio was completely off. So, the third time I made it I reduced the amount of frosting and it was just right. (I know, I sound like Goldilocks).
The fourth time I made this was for my little sister’s 11th birthday party and it genuinely was the best I had made it (not that I am biased or anything). The chocolate sponge part was really soft and moist but not too sweet and the frosting gave it that additional kick of sweetness that just completed the cake. Trust me, try it. You will love it.
This chocolate sheet cake is the moist chocolate cake recipe you have never tried.
Chocolate Sheet Cake
This moist chocolate cake recipe is the perfect chocolate sheet cake or chocolate tray bake. Paired with any frosting this is the homemade chocolate cake recipe to make. This is a simple chocolate cake recipe with little preparation and easy steps. Use this chocolate sponge cake recipe for the perfect chocolate birthday cake.
- For Cake:
- 150g Plain Flour
- 300g Granulated Sugar
- 50g Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Bicarbonate of Soda
- 100ml Milk
- 100ml Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 100ml Hot Water
- For Frosting:
- 150ml Double Cream
- 200g Milk Chocolate
- 50g Butter
- 50g Icing Sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Line an 8×12 inch baking tray with parchment paper
- In a mixing bowl, combine the plain flour, granulated sugar, cocoa, baking soda and baking powder
- In another bowl, combine the milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and eggs
- Sift the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients then beat until well combined
- Add the hot water to the batter slowly and mix until combined
- Pour batter into tin
- Bake in the centre of a preheated oven at gas mark 5 for 30-40 minutes
- Leave to cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing from the tin to allow to cool completely
- In a large saucepan, add the double cream, milk chocolate, butter, icing sugar and vanilla extract
- On a low heat, continuously stir the mixture until smooth
- Leave to cool until thickened
- Spread across the chocolate cake and decorate with coloured sprinkles
- Your chocolate sheet cake is ready!