اَعُوْذُ بِاللهِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيْمِ
بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمن الرَّحِيْمِ
Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaathu everyone!
Egg potato curry is a really easy curry to make. This curry is basically like a Pakistani version of scrambled eggs. It isn’t too spicy, but it has just enough spices added to give it that extra boost of flavour. You can make this vegetarian curry in under half an hour and it barely requires any prep at all. I actually had no intention of making this recipe, but I was panicking because I didn’t have a video prepared to post on my YouTube channel. So, my cousin suggested that I make this because it doesn’t take long to make at all.
I kept this recipe simple because I didn’t want to overdo it with all the spices. I know some people add garam masala or coriander powder or cumin powder or other spices, but I feel like there is no need for them in this dish. Eggs themselves taste delicious (well, I think so anyway), so adding too many spices would just result in a really overpowering dish.
This is a good curry if you’re on a budget as well because eggs are relatively inexpensive, and the spices are probably ones that you would have in your pantry anyway. There would be no need to run to the shops! This is the sort of curry that you can make when you have no idea what to make and are in a rush. Trust me on this one and try it out. This is definitely something to add to your recipe book!
This egg potato curry is the perfect vegetarian curry for curry night.
Egg Potato Curry
This egg potato curry is an easy vegetarian curry that is simple to make and perfect for beginners. A twist on traditional scrambled egg, this is a type of curry called egg bhurji that is packed full of spice and flavour. This egg curry is so versatile, quick enough to make for breakfast and delicious enough to serve at a dinner party. Eggs are a great fit into any healthy diet. Mildly spicy and absolutely mouth-watering, serve this anda curry with homemade chapattis for a wonderful weeknight meal.
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Onions/Pyaz (finely diced)
- 2 Tomatoes (finely diced)
- 1 Potato/Aloo
- 1 tsp Salt/Namak
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder/Laal Mirch Powder
- 2 tsp Turmeric Powder/Haldi
- 50ml Water
- 5 Eggs/Anday
- 1 Green Chilli/Hari Mirch (finely chopped)
- Coriander/Dhaniyaa (finely chopped)
- Heat the vegetable oil in pan on medium heat
- Add the finely diced onions
- Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat until softened
- Add the finely diced tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes
- When the tomatoes have softened, add the chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt
- Cook the spices for 3-4 minutes
- Add the water and cook the spices for another 5 minutes
- Add the potatoes and mix in
- Cover and cook on low heat for 10 minutes
- Add the eggs and cook for 3-4 minutes on low heat
- Add the green chillies and coriander
- Cook for 1-2 minutes
- Your egg potato curry is ready!