اَعُوْذُ بِاللهِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيْمِ
بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمن الرَّحِيْمِ
Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaathu everyone!
I am a big McDonalds fish fillet fan. It is probably my most favourite burger out there. The only problem is that (I know this is subject to debate, but I would rather be on the safe side) it is haram due to the oil filtration system and what not. There is also the fact that it is really expensive. I don’t know about anyone else, but one fish burger from McDonalds is never enough me. I could have at least 5 of those fish burgers and only then would I feel mildly satisfied.
Whenever I go abroad to a Muslim country, I always try to get McDonalds solely for the fish burger. Now with the pandemic, I’m not going anywhere anytime soon so I bought the fish fillet recipe home. I have made this fish burger recipe a lot and it does taste almost like the real thing.
If you have had the fried fish burger from McDonalds, you would know that the burger bun is really soft. Usually I toast burger buns but to make it true to the McDonalds fish burger, I didn’t. Instead I just put it in the microwave for 15 seconds and warmed them up. I know the burger buns used in the fish fillet recipe are steamed, but there wasn’t really any space on the hob for me to start steaming the buns as well. I suppose you could steam them as well to be a true copycat.
I have specified pollock fish because that’s the fish they use in McDonalds, but any whitefish would do. I used a shop bought tartare sauce. I have been meaning to try to make a homemade tartare sauce but just haven’t had the time. The cheese slices I used were from Iceland and I have used a lot of different cheese slices, but the Iceland ones have been the best in my personal opinion.
Try this copycat fish patty recipe for a delicious homemade fish burger.
This homemade fish burger recipe is the perfect copycat of the McDonalds fish fillet. An epic fish fillet recipe that is cheap to make, quick to fry, and delicious to eat. These fish burgers are just like the real deal but bigger and better. Pair with some tangy tartare sauce and brioche burger buns for the best fish sandwich.
- For Fish Fillet:
- 1kg Pollock Fish
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 120g Plain Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 400g Breadcrumbs
- For Burgers:
- Tartare Sauce
- 8 Burger Buns
- 8 Cheese Slices
- Cut the pollock fish into pieces slightly larger than the burger buns
- Mix the salt, pepper, garlic powder and plain flour in a large bowl
- Dip the fish into the flour mixture and press into the flour mixture to ensure that the flour coats the whole fish piece
- Dip in the egg and allow excess to drip off
- Coat in the breadcrumbs
- Deep fry the fish fillets for a few minutes until golden brown
- Whilst the fish is cooking, warm the burger buns in the microwave for 15 seconds
- Add the fish fillet on to the warm burger bun
- Add the cheese slices on to the fish fillet whilst it is warm
- Add a tablespoon of the tartare sauce to the top of the cheese
- Add the top piece of the burger bun