DAILY DOSE OF DEEN: Learn the fardh rulings of ghusl
اَعُوْذُ بِاللهِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيْمِ
بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمن الرَّحِيْمِ
Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaathu everyone!
Nowadays it is very easy to get information on Islam. We have the means of internet, social media and books at our fingertips, yet still so many of us do know the basic fundamentals of our religion. Muslims these days want to argue about things that they don’t have knowledge of and struggle to hold the basic facts of their knowledge. Through this post, I am hoping that people will learn some fardh knowledge. It is important that we learn these facts like we know our alphabet. That’s how important this knowledge. We should not let this be on the backburner because this is knowledge that Allah (سبحانه وتعلي) has commanded for us to know.
When is it fardh to perform ghusl?
- Discharge of semen due to lust
- Nocturnal emission
- Putting head of penis into vagina of a woman with or without lust
- After mensutration
- After post-natal bleeding
When is it sunnah to perform ghusl?
There are 5 occasions for when it is sunnah to perform ghusl.
- Eid ul-Fitr
- Eid ul-Adha
- Day of Arafah
- Before putting on ihram
When is it mustahab to perform ghusl?
There are 24 occasions for when it is mustahab to perform ghusl.
- Holy stay in Arafah
- Holy stay in Muzdalifah
- Visit to the blessed Haram
- Presenting oneself in court of
- Entering Mina
- On three days when stones are thrown at pillars
- Night of Arafah
- Milad gathering
- Other blessed gatherings
- After bathing a deceased person
- After mad person has recovered from madness
- Recovering from unconciousness
- Recovering from state of intoxication
- Repentace from sin
- Wearing new clothes
- On returning from journery
- After vaginal bleeding due to disease
- For salah offered after solar or lunar eclipse
- For salah ul-istisqa (salah of rainfall)
- In times of fear, extreme darkness and severe storms
- If there is impuritiy on the body but one does not know where it is
What are the faraid of ghusl?
There are 3 faraid of ghusl.
- Rinsing the mouth
- Sniffing water into the nose
- Pouring water on the whole apparent body
Sources / Further Reading