DAILY DOSE OF DEEN: Learn the fardh rulings of tayammum
اَعُوْذُ بِاللهِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيْمِ
بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمن الرَّحِيْمِ
Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaathu everyone!
Nowadays it is very easy to get information on Islam. We have the means of internet, social media and books at our fingertips, yet still so many of us do know the basic fundamentals of our religion. Muslims these days want to argue about things that they don’t have knowledge of and struggle to hold the basic facts of their knowledge. Through this post, I am hoping that people will learn some fardh knowledge. It is important that we learn these facts like we know our alphabet. That’s how important this knowledge. We should not let this be on the backburner because this is knowledge that Allah (سبحانه وتعلي) has commanded for us to know.
What are the faraid of tayammum?
There are 3 faraid of tayammum.
- Passing hands over face
- Wiping arms including elbows
What are the sunan of tayammum?
There are 10 sunan of tayammum.
- Reciting bismillah
- Hitting hands over ground
- Moving hands back and forth when placed over the ground
- Keeping gaps between fingers
- Jerking hands by hitting base of one thumb against the other without making a clapping sound
- Wiping face first and then hands
- Wiping them one after other without delay
- Wiping right first then the left
- Making khilal of beard
- Making khilal of fingers
Sources / Further Reading