اَعُوْذُ بِاللهِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيْمِ
بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمن الرَّحِيْمِ
Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaathu everyone!
Rice kheer is a traditional Pakistani dessert made especially for special occasions. Chawal ki kheer is a creamy and rich Pakistani rice pudding made with four basic ingredients that you are guaranteed to have in your kitchen – water, rice, milk and sugar. A Pakistani rice pudding. A sweet dessert that is so simple to make that you won’t ever stop making. Enjoy rice kheer hot or cold, whatever your preference, it will be perfect for you.
- 200g Rice
- 700ml Water
- 1.4L Milk
- 150g Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Sultanas (optional)
- Soak the rice and set aside
- Bring the water to a gentle boil in a large pan
- Add the soaked rice and cook the rice on low heat for 10-15 minutes until the majority of the water is absorbed
- Add the milk and allow to come to a gentle simmer
- Cook on low heat for 20 minutes
- Add the granulated sugar
- Whilst stirring continuously cook on medium heat for 6-8 minutes
- Add the sultanas and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Your kheer is ready!