اَعُوْذُ بِاللهِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيْمِ
بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمن الرَّحِيْمِ
Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaathu everyone!
I’ve not had lamb chops many times. It’s not something that I used to choose to have, not really much of a lamb chops person but with this lamb chops recipe, I have wanted to make these masala lamb chops again and again.
Some people have difficult to cook lamb chops or mutton chops, but with this easy lamb chop recipe you will have the best lamb chops you’ve ever tasted with minimal effort. Obviously, the marinade time is a bit long and tedious, but it helps to soften the lamb up to make it easier to cook. I would highly recommend that you leave this lamb chops marinade overnight which would help make the lamb really soft and moist.
A know a lot of recipes online use garlic paste and ginger paste but I always prefer to use fresh garlic and fresh ginger. I never actually have any ginger or garlic paste on hand just because once you open it, it goes off relatively quickly. When I do use the paste, I always crush the garlic and ginger myself using a pestle and mortar. It is up to personal preference and ease if you wish to substitute the garlic and ginger for the paste because they are kind of the same thing I suppose.
I’m always confused with what to serve with lamb chops as there are so many possibilities. Well in theory there are but my siblings will only eat a select few. This easy lamb chops recipe could be used as a mutton chops recipe. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly as mutton always takes longer to cook.
This tandoori lamb chops recipe is perfect for your weeknight dinners.
Masala Lamb Chops
This easy lamp chops recipe shows you how to cook lamb chops that are crispy and moist. With this lamb chops marinade you will be guaranteed to get masala lamb chops that are spicy yet tender. The aromatic spices used to flavour the lamb chops help to add a little kick to this easy lamp chop recipe.
- 1kg Lamb Chops
- 50ml Vegetable Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves (finely minced)
- 2 Tomatoes (diced)
- 4 tbsp. Yoghurt
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Chilli Flakes
- 2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 2 tsp. Garam Masala
- 2 tsp. Tandoori Masala
- 2 tsp. Cumin Seeds (crushed)
- 2 tsp. Coriander Seeds (crushed)
- In a bowl, add the lamb chops
- Add the yoghurt, salt, chilli flakes, black pepper, garam masala, tandoori masala, cumin seeds and coriander seeds
- Leave to marinade for at least 3-4 hours
- In a large pan, heat the oil on medium heat
- Add the marinated lamb, tomatoes and garlic cloves
- Cook on medium heat until the masala starts to bubble
- Cover with lid and continue to cook on low heat for 45-50 minutes
- Once the meat is cooked through, remove the lid
- Cook for 10 minutes on medium heat until the masala sauce thickens