اَعُوْذُ بِاللهِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيْمِ
بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمن الرَّحِيْمِ
Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaathu everyone!
I have made this vanilla cake countless times before and I am telling you, it genuinely is the best vanilla cake recipe out there. I’ve made it for Eid, family birthdays and even an engagement. It really is moist and fluffy and I love it. It’s my favourite cake recipe out there because it tastes so good.
The last time I made this vanilla cake was the other day when my uncle asked me to make one for the birth of his baby girl. I covered it with vanilla buttercream frosting that I coloured pink and then added some golden crunch sparkle things for the top of it. Originally my plan was to make a white chocolate ganache for the top but that plan failed as a lot of my baking attempts do. So I improvised and covered the top with the golden crunch sprinkles instead. I will be honest with you the golden crunch sprinkles were a bad idea because they did not taste very nice at all.
When I made this vanilla cake recipe I actually recorded it for use in my YouTube channel. Trust me it’s one thing making a cake but making a cake on video. Gosh, that is like hard. I didn’t actually anticipate how hard it is to record videos. I always get so nervous and anxious when I start to record a video. Always feel like I am going to mess up (which is true in about 70% of the cases).
This moist vanilla cake recipe will be guaranteed to become your homemade vanilla cake favourite.
This moist vanilla cake recipe is the perfect cake for birthdays, weddings or any occasion. The best vanilla cake recipe that can be paired with any type of frosting from the classic vanilla buttercream frosting to the rarer ermine frosting. With this homemade vanilla cake recipe, you will never need another vanilla cake recipe again. A classic vanilla cake recipe that gives you a fluffy vanilla cake every time.
- 280g Self-Raising Flour (sifted)
- 170g Butter (softened)
- 300g Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 240ml Milk
- Grease and line two 8-inch cake pans before preheating oven to gas mark 4
- In a bowl cream together the butter and sugar together until a pale mixture is formed
- Add the eggs one at a time and whisk until the mixture is light and fluffy
- Add the vanilla extract and incorporate into the mixture
- Alternatively add the self-raising flour (in three parts) and the milk (in two parts) starting with the flour and ending with the flour
- Whisk until just combined
- Divide the batter evenly between the cake pans
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 30-35 minutes until golden brown
- Allow to completely cool before frosting