اَعُوْذُ بِاللهِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيْمِ
بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمن الرَّحِيْمِ
Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaathu everyone!
I love making cookies because they don’t take very long to make and bake AND there is hardly any washing up after compared to when you have to make cakes. It seems like every dish in your kitchen gets used for that. This vanilla sugar cookie recipe is just a basic cookie recipe and you can add whatever you like to it to personalise it. It tastes so good you can have it without any additions though.
I know it’s a bit annoying that you have to separate the egg yolks and the egg whites, but it does give a chewier cookier if you don’t add the egg whites. There are a lot of recipes out there that call for egg whites, such as a meringue-style buttercream. I will be honest with you I just chuck the remaining egg whites and add an extra egg to make an omelette. No one has time to faff about with finding another recipe and then sometimes you end up having more egg whites than you actually have so it’s just a lot longer process.
This vanilla sugar cookie is the perfect recipe for you, and it is so easy for you to make.
This vanilla cookie recipe gives you a soft and chewy vanilla cookie. A favourite teatime treats for everyone. These soft cookies melt in your mouth and have the perfect texture that just fall apart as you bite into them. Every baker should have a go-to recipe for a basic vanilla cookie recipe and this one gives you soft yet chewy cookies every time.
- 140g Plain Flour
- 100g Butter (melted)
- 120g Granulated Sugar
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- Cream together the butter and sugar together until just combined
- Add the egg yolks and vanilla extract
- Mix together until the ingredients are all incorporated
- Add the flour and the baking powder
- Mix until a soft dough has formed
- Use a tablespoon or ice-cream scoop to form balls with the dough
- Leave to set in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour
- Bake in the centre of a preheated oven at gas mark 4 for 10 minutes
- Allow to cool for at least 1 hour
- Your vanilla cookies are ready!